Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Simply the best..

I'll give you reasons (with some examples) why I am a Kamal Fan.

The examples that I am going to quote are from his Latest movie Unnai Pol Oruvan.This is a film in which he exposes some of his intelligence for us to find out the inner meaning unlike Hey Ram(on which I can speak for 5 hours non-stop or may be even do a do a Thesis.)or Dasavatharam (on which I can speak for two hours)where the films are full of Intelligence wanting to be grabbed.

Now..Lets see what 'Unnai Pol Oruvan' seeks to offer.

Refresh you memories.. Let's play a game.. (this is for those who have watched the movie)

If you already knew the points I have quoted by seeing the movie , rate yourself with 1 point.If you had heard it from someone, rate yourself 1/2. If you are knowing this for the first time , obviously rate yourself with a ZERO.

Be honest..

Lets start..

TEN Things I Bet you would not have noticed in Unnai Pol Oruvan.
(I'll be very happy if you prove me wrong)
We'll start with easier ones..

1)(I think you will know this)Musharaff and Bush puppet conversation.Musharaff calls Bush on September 10th 2001 and not September 10th any other year. Top comedy..

2)Terrorist Abdullah taking a dig at Narendra Modi. "Gujaratla Modi Patha theriyum , Gaali Panniduvanga". Terrorist Abdullah in fact is making a reference to "Best Bakery Case" in the above dialogue.(just refer to the case if you have time, you will understand)


3)Kamal:-'Mahatma Gandhi was ambidextrous'.Unfortunately I am his fan too.Enakkum Edhadu-Valadhu bedham Kadayaadu..except unfortunately ezhudapodhu thaan..'- Kamal once again proving he is a pseudo-communist.


4)Mohanlal :- Anything that is Lawful ?
Kamal :- Laughs..
Mohanlal :- What..?
Kamal :- Its an Inside Joke.I have many in laws.
Abdhu'law',Ahamadu'law',Inayatu'law' & karamchand 'law''law'.
(Wow what a dialogue)!

Is the going getting tough to score..??

5)Again Musharaff and Bush Conversation.(This is shown inside a Jail where a
constable is watching the programme).

Natasha :- Is Pakistan committed to rooting out terrorism ?
Musharaff:- Yes.. Yeh Mera 'Taliban'..oops.. Yeh Mera Abhiman hai..
( A dig at Musharaff.. Superb comedy).


6)Kamal while speaking in that 'karu varuthal' scene.
Kamal:- 'Apa andha ponnuku dress koduka endha Ramakrishnanum, Lal krishnanum , Radha Krishnarum varala...(Obvioulsy a dig at Lal Krishna Advani).

7)"Cut the green and connect red and blue."-.Kamal says this dialogue when he explains how to defuse a bomb.(Give importance to colours , you will understand.)

8)Again.. Kamal after speaking the 'karuvaruthal' scene , wipes the tears with the Gun.A clear message'Terrorism to be attacked by Terrorism'.

9)His digs at our CM.
Mohanlal:- Nee kupadra koralukkalam CM varanumnu edhir paarkiriya?
Kamal :- 'Election apa sonnanga.. Parava illa , avangalam Bomb vedicha aparam
varatum'
Then..
Mohanlal:- 'CM paathukittu irupparu.. tell in tamil."

Mohanlal:- "CM will not speak... Chief secretary will not speak..
Who am I ? Police Commissioner - Nothing but a glorified constable. Naan pali aadu..You are welcome to my funeral.

10)My favorite... All the 'bags' that Kamal keeps at different places will be embossed with the letters.." I Love INDIA "..(Notice it the next time you see the movie.)

How much have you scored.. ??
a)10-10 (Impossible.. unless you are Me)
b)7.5-9.5(You must be his fan..You Watch Movies with some purpose. Kudos)
c)4.5-7.00(You have to improve.. You have all the capabilites of being a kamal Fan)
d)1.5-4.00(You are just not there.. U like different movies but U are not fit to be a kamal fan)
e)0.00-1.5(Your favorite films 'Vettaikaran' , 'Jaganmohini' are around the corner..Please dont disturb us..)

Someone recently asked me..."Why Kamal ? Why are you his Fan?".
I replied ... " He is Simply the Best around"..

P.S.
People have asked me about the article by 'Nani' in Kumudham..
I have seen lots of these nuisance makers..All I can Say is..
"Mr Chani.. oops..Nani .. Get Well Soon"...

7 comments:

Krishna said...

Extremely good observations da.. Btw I'm in 1.5-4 category..

G Saimukundhan said...

Got seven right. Missed the logic of wire, or the fact that he is a pseudo communist and logic of gun wiping tears.

Funny though, I had also posted a critical post on the same topic couple of days back

Cheers

G Saimukundhan said...

Hi Sundar,

Thought you would like this comparison between A.We and Un.O.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/unnaipol-oruvan-19-10-09.html

Was very objective and meaningful. I had not considered the technical aspects of film making in my comparison. Though, I stick to my conclusion, I could not help, but appreciate the reasoning brought out in this review.

Cheers

Sundararaman said...

Makes an interesting read sir

Varun said...

dai -- 10 on 10 ... :)

Ish said...

i scored only 4 :( :( but i really am a kamal fan :) maybe not by your standards ..

Unknown said...

Hey I scored 7.5, but i doubt that it was not about narendra modi, it was about the tamil word 'modhi'.. Anyhow I am proud of being a kamal fan and I request 'sundarram' to write about OUR 'Heyram'