Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kamal Hassan and Sundararaman can't Vote !

Kamal Can't Vote... Rajinik(C)an(')t Votes...(ideally the latter should not have been allowed to vote). Its a real pity that a great thinker and creative person like Kamal Hassan is not being allowed to vote..His name is not in the voter's list.His home at Luz Church Road is listed as a godown in Corporation database.!!

The similar thing happened to me(may be coz I am a Devotee of Kamal).My name has been removed from the Voter List!!. I voted from the same booth last time for the assembly elections.!!. After some heated argument with the poll observers at the polling station, I had to surrender to the inefficiency and Red tapism of the Election Commission of India. What really hurt me was the fact that in the voter's list , I saw the name of my Neighbour who died 5 years back!!. Here I am alive and not eligible to vote in spite of possessing a Valid Voter's ID card.( I must have been allowed to vote at least for keeping that pathetic card safe for the past three and a half years).

Coming to the next issue... I am totally agitated by the way some of the 'educated' vote in this country.One of them I spoke with Said 'I will vote for the winning Horse'. Is this an election or something else?. People here vote for the opposition which is the strongest.They do the negative voting.They do not vote for the person they like but vote for the opponent of the person they do not like. They do so for reasons like Vote splits. All I ask them is why think too much?.Democracy is voting for whom you like.
If there is a vote split , let it be. Its a clear case of Democracy being misunderstood.

I am still not able to get over the anger and disappointment of not able to vote this time.As a Tax payer of this country ( well I pay Indirect Taxes!) I should have got an opportunity to Vote. By Not giving opportunity to Sundararaman and Kamal Hassan , the country has made a big mistake.

On a lighter note , this has once again proved that Kamal and Me are very much similar.(Saying this to myself has been the only consolation for getting over the anger and disappointment of not able to Vote!).

2 comments:

Saravana Prabhu M said...

When you have a choice of committing suicide and being shot at, it is better not making a choice...
Not being given a choice could be the best thing that could have happened to you...
See you are happy already!!!

G Saimukundhan said...

Have to admit with a mild embarassment, that I have never voted! Though not thinking that it will not make any difference, but because of my indifference to getting my self registered as a voter. Next time, hopefully, I will have that elusive black mark (albeit only on my fingers)