Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of GOD and Haywire..

There are several ways by which atheism can lay its foundations in an Individual.
My basic thought into atheism came at a very tender age of 10.It was around that time that I asked my mom a question that no child should ask especially at that age.

I asked her 'How are babies born'?

She hastily replied.(May be she was quite prepared for such a question long time back knowing my character.I was told much later that I was fond of sitting near girls during my kintergarden.)She said "Couples pray to God during the marriage ceremony and he grants child". I was convinced totally until..

I heard Karunanidhi had a son named Stalin. Karunandhi sounded to me as a Hindu Name. Stalin sounded foreign ... It was christian.The name had a Russian feel to it.( Thanks to History). Those were days when I thought there were only 3 religions in the world and I thought Hindus were the majority. (due to the sheer number of Gods).

Later that day , I found out that Stalin's mom was not a Christian. Then why such a name?.I had to clear that doubt.It was then I asked one of my cousins. He was 8 months younger to me.He said Karunanidhi was an Atheist. What ?. He then explained.
'Atheist are those people who proclaim there is no God.They have no concept of religion and hence those people do not have any restriction on naming their child and hence the name Stalin.Oh.. I gawped.. I was 10 . He was 9 and a half. We were discussing not about video games , not about Super Human Samurai , not about Shaktimaan , but about Atheism.!

I could not come to terms with such a shocking news that there could be people who were not into any of these 3 religions.My mom had said to me that people pray to God for babies to be born.How could Karunanidhi ( an athiest ) have a child ?. He surely could not have prayed God if he was an Athiest.

I could not think GOD was generous.He was granting children to those people who were not believing in Him. How come??. If atheist's had children , why where they not praying God?.All sort of confusions crept in. All day I would think about GOD ...Is he there , ??

Time passed by...

Years later .. I meet KD.. My real first tutor in terms of 'you know what' education. Class 6 or Class 7. By passing reference one day he said 'Man is a Animal' which made me think a lot.Very simple.But truly shocking. He said several things about atheism during class 10 and I think he is completely one by now.
He simply said he did not belive in God because he said he did not require him.His arguments were rational, logical and acceptable.However for me it lacked depth.I felt atheism was relying more on a single point and trying to focus too much on demerits of theism.

The beauty was , the more he moved to atheism , I moved away from it. From a distance I could respect it. Being near it had made me understand it. However , I did not believe in it.

I thought so simply because , an Atheist always has a doubt whether he or she is firm believer in GOD.No such doubts for a Theist. When Kamal says 'Kadavul illa nu sollale... Kadavul Irundha naala irukkumnu solraen '.. It means he is at cross roads. He is confused himself whether he believes in it are not.(Nevertheless, I am not an athiest like Kamal because Kamal himself is my God..Ha ha..)

I believe firmly in God. I believe in him simply because I believe he gives me the right choices rather makes me to make the right choices. I have always believed there is no better place than the place that you are right now. He is giving me the best. He must be God. HE is GOD.

About 2 years ago I was fine .But GOD is also known to be fickle.

It is in this last two years that I have had my worst moments of life. I was termed inefficient( may be I am.. I don know ).I was stripped of my confidence.I had self doubts. I was constantly evaluating myself with my peers.

The worst part..

I had to come to terms with agreeing that my peers were much more talented than me.(absolutely the opposite to what had been 2 years back..I was the 'King' at college.Now I am a 'Pauper').The belief that I could handle any thing had gone. I had and have fears.Here is where I developed a irritation towards 'Confident' people who never accept their errors.I could not bear to see a 'Confident' person committing an error and getting off.

Not even during my school days (I was the worst in academics) that I bothered about my peers being superiors to me. I knew that if I put my backside to one place and study , I could beat them all Hands Down...! Where is that confidence now..? Where is that arrogance Now ? . All melted. I want confidence and where else would I go ?

Every single day .. Believe me every single day , I have two different opinions or advices thrown on me on a similar subject. What is so unique ? Both are totally opposites. One person in the morning asks me to cram , another person in the evening asks me not to cram.. One person in the morning asks me to Eat well, the same person in the evening says I have to reduce my weight...Where will I go ? -

Which to choose ?. I had so far believed that God has made me my choice.Now I have to.. It is really confusing.. whichever path I choose , I belive the Zenith will remain at the same place... I have come for Pit Stop...( I don't know whether it is for Repairs or it is for Refueling)..

GOD carry me along through this tough phase ..

To God - ' There is nothing in this world that you and I cannot handle it together'.

11 comments:

Sundar Raman said...

You are not just king da... you are kingo king. Basically you are of the person who always like to lead a team...That i have seen in you..a kind of leadership quality. But, to give a complete edge..you need to shape up your breaks and turns. I know i am one among who have thrown stone (advice) on you. and i had enough of it from others...

Wll just say one "Placing an application to the RUDRA is only a temporary relief"

G Saimukundhan said...

Seems like lot of people of an experience to share from their "last two years". Would be all too glad to relieve them, if you really want to. Can't help, but only remember Madonna.

Efficiency and confidence are things that one finds within. And I am not advocating anything which is anti-theist. Accepting our peers being superior than self, should not be a charity. If somebody is really better than self, acknowledging the same would do a lot to your confidence, as there is clarity on what you need to do. If it does anything else to your confidence, I would rather term that act of "acknowledgement" only as "envy".

If the so called confident persons do not accept their errors, why the fuck should it affect you. Why should they accept that? To appease you and earn your respect? If they do not accept their so called errors, just be glad that you no something which they don't and therefore you might be a better person than the so called "confident persons" (read "Ignorant Yaks")

As to that multiple inputs coming to you on the same topic from different directions - choice is always yours. As my senior once told me "IF YOU WANT TO BE A PIG, GO AHEAD AND BE ONE. FOR IT IS YOUR CHOICE" Mind you, I am not rating a pig as anything bad. It might be good as well. Do what you perceive is correct for you. But do it boldly, without worrying about failure. Damn! Sometimes, I honestly feel, how good it would if everybody fails atleast once, so that the mirage they call as aura, breaks for good, and people can see things properly!

So much for my sadistic pleasure. On a lighter note, have you turned an atheist? Considering that you have expressed your doubts over god?

To clear the air on Kamal, I had said "Kamal says that his profession, and passion, both are movies" (I had not said acting). After all I am another Kamal fan.

Sundararaman said...

@ Sundar Senior - I am sorry to say this.. One of the irritations I have is people constantly compare you and me..(& pass comments).. Guess why ??.. We both have same names...

"Oh Sundar...ya..ya....Who?.. Not Him .. the other one.... ok.. that fellow a.."

My name is often suffixed with the tamil translation of 'being idle'..lol...

Can't blame anyone... Its obvious and natural.. But it hurts.. I can never be you.... You are simply the best..

I have never seen a person like you.. Generally people lose enthusiasm and motivation after a point of time.. You simply seem to gain them as you go along.. what pushes you to perform is some kind of hunger which I can never have..

Comparing myself with you is basically wrong for two reasons..

a)Its not manners...
and most importantly..
b)YOU are GREATTTT...!!

moving on..

Your Advices have given me an perspective of where I am lacking.. I'll strive to improve is all I can Say..

Thank you once again

Sundararaman said...

@ GSM Sir..

will start with kamal...
I am surprised you are his Fan sir..

moving on...

Accepting one's peers in a group being superior can never become a confidence booster.. ( even by my wildest stretch of imagination).. If you term the 'acknowledgement' as ENVY.. I am sorry.. I have to disagree... Infact my irritations are not because of my 'peers' and certainly not directed at my 'peers'..

Moving on..

Thanks for terming certain jantu's as 'Ignorant Yaks'.. My view on 'that' has changed considerably after reading your comments..

then..

I am sure that you have misunderstood by what I call 'multiple inputs' sir... I never denied that I have to make my choices... All I said was...
until recently , I had no choice... But suddenly GOD is asking me to choose among various options which he previously did not offer me.. He had made my choices.. Now he is asking me to make my choices....

Moreover..
All I said was.. I have had doubts on GOD..(PAST TENSE).. There is GOD ...( Present Tense).. There is GOD.. (Future Tense)..
I haven't become an atheist much to your sadistic displeasure sir..

The most important point.. You have said... "failure is necessary at some stage for any person to motivate himself and come along".. It however does not hold at all situations and for all people.. for say 'people like me who have been always facing some kind of failure..Nothing can be a bigger motivator than an VICTORY OR ATLEAST THE SIGHT OF IT...'

P.S.
I love this blogging space.. I am saying things here which I could have never said in my normal interactions with you...here one can say things which otherwise cannot be said face to face.. nice na... (I presume the same at the other side too..)

May be that is why blogs are becoming popular!!( especially at our workplace??)....

Sundar Raman said...

Sundar, Thanks for your good words, atleast for you I appeared good (real or artificial) but still, dangs.......

W.r.t to your observation as to comparison, just don't worry ...

Swami Vivekananda rightly remarked "NAMES ARE NOT EXPLANATIONS" You and me have the word Rama in our name, because of that can we be Rama....? Can those who are comparing compare Lord Rama with you or myself?

I too have undergone such things...
When I lost my rank in CA Final, people compared myself with my co-writer....somehow I have not got into the rank list despite giving my best (that is what you can do after all)...but the beauty is people still comparing and that to staring on my face straight dush dush…..

But I know (may be you say arrogance or what ever...) I am still better than that Co–writer by million times....and I sincerely believe only this arrogance helps me till today..to face all those who compare myself with....(.-.) without any worries.

So, what I like to say you at the end is after all, life is all about next 30 years..just go ahead and have fun dude…

Krishna said...

super post!! Nach!!

G Saimukundhan said...

Sundar, I am Back (Sorry Arnie, I also use these words).

First things first. Do you really think (rather BELIEVE) that I would not speak to you in person about these things? Do you really find that much difficulty in interacting with me in person? I thought, despite my other shortcomings such as short–and–bad fuse and foul mouthings, was easy to approach. Probably I am wrong.

As to the repeated failures - what was the cause kid? Did the entire world conspire to ensure that you flunk while the rest of them succeed? But then, weren't you infinitely confident some two years back? Did you still face failures then? Or else you had only victories then to speak of? If that is the case, why suddenly this rants on victory being motivation et al?

Victory cannot be a motivation. It is the result. Motivation, you need to find elsewhere. Accepting and acknowledging your peers superiority DOES help in getting your confidence back, for you would know in tangible terms, what differentiates you and him (or rather her?!!!!) Please do have a look at the idea called "Clarity" I had mentioned. A clear mind knows what to do. A clear mind knows its shortcomings, and therefore goes about correcting it. Clear mind cannot result in anything but confidence in facing the world. But again, this is based on my experience. You may have a different theory on this. I am not denying.

I did understand (rather I knew, considering I do KNOW YOU), that your irritations were not directed at your peers. But why have any irritation in the first place? Simply because, what is not to your taste is not good? If somebody were to pass a judgement on you or your thalaivar, because of the way you guys operated in a few instances, tit-for-tat, reacting rather, would it be right on their part? The point is, do you want to judge a person based on just one or a few parameters, leaving alone others for your convenience. If you can loathe a person for just one bad quality, can’t you really like a person for just one good quality? Or is it that you didn’t find any good qualities at all in your inefficient superiors, peers and others? Or rather, you chose to see only the so called negative attributes (negative, only in YOUR dictionary, and not generally)?

Bottom line is this Kutti. Before you lay an accusation on others, check your premises to ensure that you evaluate everybody by the same moral compass. Before you say quit citing lower confidence, consult with your self respect. Often, the same world which, we thought was conspiring for our failure, would doubly conspire and inspire to see you on the pedestal.

Choice is yours.

G Saimukundhan

G Saimukundhan said...

Continuing,

My comment was to make you see reason. Not to make you feel further down. If it does, don't hestitate to delete my comment.

Cheers

G Saimukundhan

Sundararaman said...

The word 'Failure' cannot be linked only to flunking in exams..

It can be or rather has been
--> failure to meet expectations..

--> failure to match plans with actions..

--> failure to match Potential with results..

Things have gone completely haywire..

Victories that have come far and few in between have propelled me so far.. I need more of them

Victory-In meeting Plans with Actions...

Victory-In matching expectations..

Victory-In matching potential with results..

and such small Victories will propel me to the greater Victory... Its like building partnerships while chasing...
When there is no partnership , you expect a miracle..

Since I am not having the smaller victories at present I am at the mercy of a miracle to change things around.. and that's contributed to my irritations.. (since I feel others get the smaller victories by cheating themselves and others.. Its like they have won chasing by Duckworth Lewis.As an opposition.. I will feel irritated..)

Why I am opposition? You may ask.. ?? Well I have no answer for that..

With regard to those others.. I feel irritated.. Yes.. I do not like them ..Yes .. But I respect them all for what they are.. I certainly pray for their victories.. Loathe is a big word.. I certainly do not loathe them..Certainly not..

May be as you say I don't have a clear mind..( I know you will say that I don't have a mind at all)..

I will be the last one to blame the society for my own failures..
BUT I will blame the society for giving me this unclear mind...

When some 'win' easily.. I will get irritated...

After all I am a normal person and not a saint...

Saravana Prabhu M said...

My Comment would be "No Comments". An issue (so sensitive) where i v nt made my mind up yet..

G Saimukundhan said...

I too was not referring to "Exams" alone.

"May be as you say I don't have a clear mind..( I know you will say that I don't have a mind at all)"

Pst.. Pst... Did I read it properly? How thoughtful of you, to bring it here! I had a good laugh, though.

Cheers

G Saimukundhan