Monday, October 02, 2006

Mr Gandhi , do you mind ..?

It is October 2.
I went to beach today.It was around 5 30 pm.

Since it is Gandhi Jayanthi ,there is a temporary staircase put up to his statue so that our politicians and others can offer garlands and flowers.

I wanted to climb the stairs and wanted to have a closer look at him.As I was climbing up the stairs I could not stop but notice people who were praising the scenic beauty of beach from above there. They were not paying the slightest attention to 'Father of the Nation'.

There were people who were atually photographing the beach from there and used the statue of M.K.Gandhi as their fellow model.I could have atleast appreciated them if they had taken the photograph of that statue alone.I also noticed people who were
wearing slippers while standing beside his statue.I heard people say ' What a View ! why not the authorithies have it as a permanent structure.'

I felt bad for Mr M.K.Gandhi. I knew it is not a place for sightseeing. But when will others know..?

2 comments:

Kedhar said...

touche

Sundararaman said...

vivek- i expext the public to give respect to gandhi

kedar- yup