Monday, September 25, 2006

Frozen for an extra dot..!

It was yet another sunny day...

A person went to a city branch of an reputed bank.He went to one of the staff there and said that he wanted to operate core banking.(Its a type of banking where a person can operate his account in any of the bank's branches).

The gentleman in the counter asked that person to bring a photograph and readily that person obliged. Then that person was asked to bring his address proof and again readily the person brought his Voter Id card. He was asked to fill up the withrawal slip and sign it..He did it.

The bank staff verified the signature and said it did not match. This person was astonished.He went near the monitor and observed the two signatures.There was an extra dot in the signature. The person pleaded but the bank staff were rude.

Then this person searched for a complain box.There was none.

He went again and said to the bank staff that his intention was not to cheat.Once again they were rude.

He was fed Up and he shouted 'Its my money , I want it. Who are you to stop me..?.I am not against what you say but I am against the way you people say.'

The end result ---- The bank froze that persons account.Was that person wrong..?

P.s. -- I am that person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moral is that... Banks will care for small amount loses out in crores... Patience only serves us... I doubt why you didnt get frustrated at their first reply... I doubt... I doubt...

Anonymous said...

i go with vivek. u r a short-tempered guy na. dint u get anything to throw?????

Sundararaman said...

vivek - to be honest , i controlled my temper 4 a very long period.

easwar - same said to vivek.